Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good
Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
Fear is a friend that you misunderstood
But I know the heart of life is good
I know it's good
Love turns the whole thing around
No it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good
Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
Fear is a friend that you misunderstood
But I know the heart of life is good
I know it's good
- The Heart Of Life, John Mayer
(Snippet of the lyrics.)
If there's anything I enjoy more (usually hate at the time) it's a breakdown experience. It's one of those moments that can last a few days, weeks, maybe longer. It's hard and heartwrenching at the time, but ends in a beauitful awakening. If there's one thing we have to remember it's this:
The only thing that never changes is that everything changes.
I really do not like change. I've come to except it easier, but it's still something that shakes me a little. Once in High School, my teacher wanted to move everyone's seats around. I loved where my seat was in the classroom and who I was seated near. There was no stopping her from doing this. I tried. Believe me. When I got my new seat, I honestly teared up. Looking back it's embarrassing, but I can laugh. Change is inevitable.
With that said, my life has been changing or shifting lately. It seems as though everyone else's is too. I feel as if it’s coinciding with the shift of seasons that will happen in just a few weeks. We all are a part of this Earth, so why not. My friendships have changed, my home life, work, and love. In this midst of all this change I'm naturally uncomfortable. I believe everything happens for a reason, exactly when it should, so I'm trying to take it all as it comes. What I've learned in this change so far:
Everything I thought I knew has become a little grey.
Or is everything grey? Is there no black and white?
Bottom line, life is forever shifting and changing. Take from the change the beauty. Feel the sadness to grow from it. This is what I am doing. The moment I thought I had it all figured out, I realized I had nothing figured out. There are a lot of variables that get thrown into life. There's emotion, there's those things that get thrown our way out of the blue.
Two things I've realized about myself.
One:
I spread myself too thin. By doing this, I accomplish nothing. I once told a friend this pertaining to a guy. "Leave a little piece of your heart for yourself." But, I think this is important to apply this to everything in life. When you give your whole heart, leaving nothing for yourself, you give away your happiness. If there's no happiness in your own heart, you certainly won't find it anywhere else.
Two:
Family. Spending time with family. Of course, family time can be aggravating. Everyone's family gets on their nerves at some point. But, when I'm with them life makes sense. It's easy, happy, refreshing.
Going toItaly really made me realize the value of family time. In Italy , their friends are their family. They sit around for HOURS just talking, joking, or playing. Not playing on phones or watching TV. I came home with a deeper appreciation for my family.
Living a very single, young life I can honestly say I've neglected the time I could spend with my family to do something "exciting." Now, I'd rather soak up laughter and love with people who will never dismiss me. They will never give up on me. They will never question the person I am.
My favorite thing in the world is when I hug my sister good-bye (She moved to theState College area for a teaching job and for love.) we hug like we never want to let go. We usually say good-bye three or four times. It usually ends in one of us tearing. The love of family is undying. It doesn't go anywhere. It can survive any storm. Spend time with your family. Hug and kiss the people you love. Appreciate every moment.
Going to
Living a very single, young life I can honestly say I've neglected the time I could spend with my family to do something "exciting." Now, I'd rather soak up laughter and love with people who will never dismiss me. They will never give up on me. They will never question the person I am.
My favorite thing in the world is when I hug my sister good-bye (She moved to the
So...
I've been humbled and a whole hell lot of confused over the past couple weeks. My friend Corey told me, "There's no good. There's no bad. There just is." I've been sitting on this one. I'm thinking it breaks down like this. The good could have come from bad. The good could turn bad. The bad can be beautiful. The bad can turn something or someone good. So, there just is. Everything is everything. (Yes, it's also the title of a Lauryn Hill song. Haha.) So is there black and is there white? In my opinion, no. It's all grey. We are one. We are each other. We can do anything, with anything. "There just is." Kind of a brain teaser, have fun with it. Take from it something you can apply to your life.
I can't be anyone, but myself. I take in everything people give to me or show me. Sometimes I absorb it, sometimes I dismiss it. But at the end of the day, I'm proud of the person I am. I never intentionally hurt anyone. I make mistakes, but always learn from them. I keep my heart open. I believe in myself. I feel as though that is all that can matter. If you believe in who you are, everyone else naturally will as well. Redefine yourself to become a greater version of you.
I'm doing this. I'm embracing the bumps along the road. I'm learning from everyone I meet. I truly feel that people come into our lives for a purpose. They have something to "give" us. It's easy to get mad; it's easy to let people go. I've been taking the harder route to dive into the confusing situations to really figure out what I'm suppose to gain from the relationships.
I'm going to conclude this rambling of a blog with this...
Live a whole lot.
Travel. Talk to strangers. Engage in meaningful conversation. Enjoy the precious moments in your life with the precious people in your life. Love with all of your heart while saving that little piece for yourself. Listen instead of talking sometimes. Allow someone to teach you something. Break down your walls to let people in. Laugh, a lot! And never, ever forget the hugs and kisses.
Forever Love.
Forever Love.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BrittyLoveNotes
This section is where I'm going to leave tid bits of information. Whatever it may be, remember to take it or leave it. I'm just putting it out there.
""If you don't take care of your body, where are you going to live?"
Sesame seeds are a complete protein and contain calcium.
Algae is the highest nutrient rich food on this planet. It protects life, is the highest protein, and prolongs life.
Blue-green algae actually created all life on Earth.
(I drink blue-green algae in my green juice. You can Google E3Live and learn more about it!)
If you have dark circle under your eyes, it is mostly likely because of problems in the liver or gallbladder. If your eye circles are puffy, check on your kidneys.
The closer to the ocean you find a coconut, the sweeter it will be.
1% of your day should be spent talking about food and money. (Absorb that one!)
Before WWII, there was nothing but organic food.
Sharing other people's problems or diseases makes it much harder for that person to get over it.
Ohhh, I have so many of these fun tid bits. I can't wait to keep sharing them!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Side Notes:
The other Sunday I went to the shore for the day with my Dad.
These are a few pictures I took. :)
My Daddy.
This past weekend we took a family trip up to visit my sister.
Pants I found hanging on a wall.
Buy local. Buy fresh.
Just an ordinary day.
If you're ever near State College, find this place. The food is amazing. You won't be disappointed.
Fun. :)
Addison learned how to jump a log!
Action shots!
Dad, Olivia, and I. With our bags of dirt to sift for gems!
With our Mommy.
I love this picture.
Cool hats, don't you think so? Haha.
I love this one too.
I felt like (and was kind of nerdy hoping) I was going in Batman's Bat Cave.
Penn's Cave was REALLY cool. Go if you're up that way. It's so worth it.
A spider web Olivia pointed out to me.
A few rain drops on a flower. :)
JULY 28, 2011
Giuliana Rosaria
was born
7 lbs 10 Ounces
to
Vito and Sandra Russo
I get to be this precious perfect bundle of joy's Godmother. <3


































No comments:
Post a Comment