Thursday, December 22, 2011

Curiosity Hasn't Killed This Cat.

It's been quite a while since I have wrote to my fellow blog readers! A LOT has been going on...So let me cover some ground in this one. :) 



Firstly, I moved out! 

I've been wanting to do this since I moved home from New York City! I found myself a quirky, perfect one bedroom apartment right in Bensalem! 

My Dad and Mom went with me to get my first Christmas tree, then helped me decorate it! Here's a little ornament picture! 




And in my cool ass apartment, I have a fake fireplace. (Which is my favorite thing!) So I made a cool chalkboard to rest on the mantle. All of my beautiful friends and my two cousins wrote on it. Now I feel like I can't ever erase it. 

And one of my other loves, my album collection, has a beautiful home here as well. I need to find something decorative and cool to store them in eventually. I'm kind of going to let it find me though. 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


SO, now on to the juice of my life for the past few months. 



It's been since September...wow has a lot been going on. I can't even believe The Season Of Love is here. Christmas Day is two days away... 


It's about time I unleash on you beautiful people some of my juicy love life secrets. I don't believe in hiding how you feel or what's going on inside your head, so I'm certainly not going to hold back. 
There's a lot of catching up to do. I'll just start from an important part. ;) 


Musically Bound, Forever.
"Well, I've played the game before. And the wisdom I'm passing on to you. Cause Love is so much more, more than just a crazy game."


My love life certainly has been a roller coaster. A mild one for those viewing from the outside. But from here, inside my heart, I have been on the ride of my life.

 I'd have to say one of the hardest experiences I've had to deal with was falling for a friend. It's easy to catch feelings for someone when you hang out with them everyday. It's even easier to catch feelings when  they're one of the most beautiful men you have met in your life. Driving yourself literally insane because you can't imagine how to express to them what they mean in your heart is exhausting. Connecting with a person, that forms into romantic feelings is more than physical. It's agreeing on points about life, it's picturing them in the future taking life by the horns, its laughing, loving, understanding and having a special aspect of life to love together. 


"Time can always heal a broken heart, when you know in your mind he still holds a part."

My story may not have ended the way I wanted it to at the time, but it ended the way it naturally was supposed to. You love, learn and move forth. Our friendship hasn't skipped a beat. I actually feel it's a better friendship because there's a mutual love and respect from a different point of view. I'm blessed and thankful. It's not everyday you get to keep someone you laid such deep feelings for, to love forever.

Moving on from that was simple because it was all handled with complete maturity. Lay it out, hug it out, move on. Life can't be lived with your feelings chained up inside. Nothing good can come from that, ever. Putting it all out on the line sets you free. You'll never ask why or say what if. 

"There comes a time in every life, love will come your way. And if it should stay, you better hold onto it tight. And never let it go, not love. It's a shinning star that's here to guide you. Every lover knows, you've got to hold onto the feeling inside you. Let the feeling flow and I'm sure love will grow."


Mr. Fantasy

After putting that to rest, I happened to have an opportunity to go on a date with a long time crush of mine. It has been, by far, one of my favorite first dates. We danced, laughed, danced, laughed, talked music, listened to music. Picture this: Beautiful summer night, dressed, out in the city with the guy you've crushed on for about four years. (Who happens to be older. Major plus!) He holds your hand, walks on the correct side of the street and looks into your eyes touching your heart not skimming the surface. Wow. 


Ok, ok...you're wondering well...what was the second date like. Where'd it go from there? Me being me, freaked out and backed away a few days later. Ha, I'm ridiculous. But, anyhow, it wasn't going to work for various reasons. Boy, was it dreamy...


We have a joke we were once married in a past life. He's one of my greatest friends. 


"Cause nothing compares to you."


And The Ride Continues: 


In the midst of all this I had a (different) friend of mine, who fell for me. Or liked me. However you want to put it. It took months to cultivate. I had things, or a person, to let go of. He and I, well I can't explain it...
Rock and roll "bad boy" who speaks another language. Come on...every girl's dream. I couldn't settle myself on him, I'm still not sure why... He seems so happy now. That's all that really matters. I'll always adore him because he truly is uniquely wonderful. His heart is filled with love. He's a catch, a pure soul. 

"This is the deep and dying breath of this love that we've been working one. Can't seem to hold you like I want to so I can feel you in my arms. Nobody's gonna come and save you, we've pulled to many false alarms. We're going down and you can see it too. We're going down and you know that we're doomed. My dear, we're slow dancing in a burning room."

I certainly do miss our musical conversations. Musical bonds for me are huge, therefore not easily disposable. The last three guys I've mentioned have shared with me their love for music which is forever ingrained in my heart. No matter where I am, I'll have that piece of them. I'll cherish it my entire life. 


Once I let that cat and mouse game go, finally, I made the big decision to move on. I had to release him from my personal confusion. I was searching for growth. Building my makeup business and a life to call my own. 


Hi, Mr. Lonely. Come on in. 

Living on your own sparks all kinds of emotions. Loneliness certainly crept up on me. I've met Mr. Lonely before. He never stays very long. I welcome him in, make him a cup of tea and then interrogate him. By doing this I realize I've never been lonely. So I then return to my happiness. However, I did realize it may be time to allow someone to hold my heart again. 


Out of curiosity, I joined Match.com for a maybe two weeks. I met one guy from it. Which is a whole other story in itself. Haha. Ahh, what the hell...here it is: 

We meet at Chickies-Parx on his thirtieth birthday night. (Bad news bears. Of course he wants to get wasted.) We sit down, I'm trying not to stare at his mild snaggle tooth (Big deal for me. Bad teeth are an immediate DB, deal breaker), he orders a beer and two shots. (YIKES!) He's adorable, dresses nice...plus, plus. Drinking, snaggle tooth...MINUS,MINUS. Whatever, go big or go home. My friends are at Three Sixty in Parx, so we go to dance. And continue to drink of course. (What was I thinking. Well, I knew I'd never see him again so I didn't care.) Being the dancer I love to be, I drag him out on the dance floor. Wasted and flinging myself about. I pull my let me just wrap my leg around you and expect you to be ready even though you're wasted move. BOOM. I go down on the dance floor. Then there's a bouncer standing over me making sure I'm ok. Haha. Anyway....DISASTER. He texts me the next day to hang out, I politely decline. 
There's no way in hell.

DISCLAIMER: Ladies, do not drink nor allow your date to get drunk. Keep it classy, especially if you're looking for love. Two drink minimum. Thank you Patti Stanger.


Thank you Match.com for a fantastically embarrassing funny story. Subscription, canceled. 


Besides those stories, I have had some fantastic one night dates... 


Had a total muscle bound hottie take me on a Habatichi dinner date. What a sweetheart. 


Also had a friend of mine take me out to my favorite, not cheap, restaurant in the city. I didn't consider it a date, however, I'm pretty sure it was. Whatever it was, I had an amazing time. :)




Possibly...

And now "seeing" a Mr. Wonderful. A possible keeper. (If I decide I'm even ready for that.) A gentlemen to the extreme. Naturally, I'm nervous. However, I'm more excited. He's adventurous, yet grounded. Loaded with compassion, sincere and giving to the core. And, he's got a nice big truck. (Major plus in my book.) He's got a little country in him, a lot of hard worker, and tons of hobbies/toys to keep himself occupied (and leaves me plenty of time for my horses and friends)...We shall see...  :) 

To be continued.....
(And I shall keep you informed.) 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


A friend of mine submitted a short date story for some comic, relief. As a person who can't stand Jersey Shore, I find this story extremely funny. 

"I went to the bar a few months ago with one of my friends. We were dancing alone and then a guy came up to me, so we started talking. He introduced me to his friends but, his one friend kind of stuck out. He was really good looking, with his Ed Hardy nonsense, blowout...but I thought nothing of it. He seemed interesting, Italian, tall, dark, very handsome, dressed like a Guido but whatever. He was telling me how he's from South Philly, similar to my family. Told me his name was Jionni, he lives alone, works in construction...blah blah. So, we exchanged numbers. We talked for a few days nonstop. He finally asked me to go on a date to South Street. I told him I would rather meet him there. So we met at the parking lot. We walked around South Street, he wanted to hold hands which I thought was awkward...but oh well. We found something to eat. At dinner, Jersey Shore was brought up. He was dead  serious, 100% not lying when he said this...His idol is Mike the situation. He wants to be just like him. He said he has pictures up of him on his wall...THEN decides to tell me...his name is JOHN...from West Chester, had no family in South Philly, he still lives at home with his family...and is a painter. THEN proceeds to ask me to throw in $10 to the tab. I paid, told him I was tired...and went home. Then deleted his number. 
Just my luck. Typical tool."
- Lauren Aninsman

THANKS LAUREN!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Happy Holidays Beautiful Blog Readers! 
I love you all. I wish you and your families the happiest of holidays! 
Be safe, be merry. 

Until next time.......


Forever Love, 
Brittany 

No comments:

Post a Comment