Jason Mraz
Living In The Moment
If this life is one act
Why do we lay all these traps?
We put them right in our path
When we just wanna be free
I will not waste my days
Making up all kinds of ways
To worry about all the things
That will not happen to me
Well, hello there my beautiful blog readers. I've been quote wrapped up in my studies since I've been back at it. However, I have to say that being overly busy, tired, and stressed has lead to this splendid moment...my return! Haha. Anywho, I'm feeling pretty light-hearted right now and I want to share this mood with all of you.
When I made the decision (extremely last minute) to get back at finishing my Bachelor's degree, I was nervous and mildy unsure of how I would feel about it all. I'll tell you what after not being in college for two years, transitioning back into the swing of things certainly wasn't easy. At the close of the semester just three days away, I can tell you, no matter what my grades are...it has all been more than worth it.
I'm letting myself off the hook for the things I've done
I let my past go past
And now I'm having more fun
I'm letting go of the thoughts
That do not make me strong
And I believe this way can be the same for everyone
My Dad has always been a huge proponent of "just do it the right way." Of course, I'd say okay, brush him off and do it my way. Yeah, my way never worked. Soon I'll be twenty three. I'm NOW understanding my Dad, of course, has always been right. His voice now triumphs my tendency to take the horrid "short cut." It has lead to this turning point in life. This moment. I truly feel proud of myself again.
And is I fall asleep
I know you'll be the one who'll always remind me
It's been awhile since I have felt this feeling. I believe I'm feeling happy and proud because I truly care about school this time around. I want to make some sort of difference. I want to fulfill my dreams while making others smile. This journey of finishing my degree is only the beginning to everlasting happiness.
My point in all this, is to share with you how I feel. Conclusions I have recently come to because of my endless journey of life.
Just Do It. Yeah, like Nike or whatever. But, JUST DO IT. If it's in your heart, it needs to be fulfilled.
My best friend Ryan is another person I always think of when I'm considering taking a "short cut." He just does what he wants or needs to when he should. He never complains or does it with half his heart. He is changing the lives of children one at a time. I believe in him with everything that I am. When you can just think about a friend and be inspired, it speaks volumes of their true character. Imagine how I feel after talking to him on the phone! Anyway, get what you have to do done. It's worth it, always.
When there's a obstacles in your way, JUMP THAT BITCH. Tackle it, step over it, step on it, push it over, do whatever you have to do to CONQUER it. Although it may seem hard at the time, it will soon be a tiny bitty issue you have forgotten you ever even had.
You are remarkable. Everything about you is. So shine with all your might. Live this life to the fullest until your last dying breath. Enjoy your success, enjoy your failures. It's all the same really. :)
School really isn't an easy thing for me. I have to truly work hard at it to do well. Lately, it has been a huge weight on my shoulders, but now that I have a semester down since I've been back I just feel PROUD.
Be PROUD. Be CONFIDENT. But most of all, be happy. :)
I'm living in the moment
I'm living my life
Just taking it easy
With peace in my mind
Got peace in my heart
Got peace in my soul
Oh, wherever I'm going, I'm already home.
The Man, The Myth, The Only One.
<3


No comments:
Post a Comment