Thursday, March 14, 2013

Reduce stress. Widen your smile.




Coming from a girl that knows all about stress I am all too familiar with the struggle to keep the scale perfectly balanced. The problem with stress is that it can cause a wide variety of health issues, it can affect your sleeping patterns along with many other things. In order to keep that scale from tipping heavy on one side compared to the other, I'm going to share with you a few things I practice in to keep sane in this fast paced world we live in.

1. Take time for yourself.

To put it simply, do something that makes you happy. No matter how fast you're moving or the fifteen things on your to-do list find a few precious moments to listen to a favorite song or take a little walk. When living a life full of deadlines you must take a little time for yourself. Instead of finishing homework while eating, turn on your favorite Pandora station or TV show and relax. Those minutes could recharge and refocus your energy to tackle the next task with even more umpf.

2. Create the tenfold effect.

Give back in the midst of your hurry. Hold a door for a stranger or share a smile even if you don't feel like it. Interacting with others will remind you of your human nature allowing you out of the mental jail cell to feel instead of think. When you give back to life, it gives back to you in tenfolds. A simple smile can suddenly remind you how beautiful life is.

3. Express gratitude.

With life we experience unfortunate events. We all have that bad day where nothing seems to go right. Instead of allowing the dark cloud to open up and pour down on you, create your own sunshine. Express what you are thankful for every chance you can. I promise you, the days I do this life seems to open up before me getting better as the day goes on. You can write it on paper, keep a note of it on your phone, say it out loud while driving, or even say it to yourself in your head. Just make sure you take those few seconds to recognize the beautiful even during your bad days. Gratitude brings out unexpected positive surprises.

I happen to be the queen of overloading my plate. I one hundred percent have days I feel like I am going to split in two. These little tips help me when I'm down. They help me when I forget I need a little something to get through the day. Try them out. It certainly can not hurt. Use the sunshine in your heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment